Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 167.60
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New upload coming in the next few days... +Wiki
    Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:17am
Hey guys!

I've been working on some additions that I will hopefully be rolling out within the next several days. They may not seem like "big deals" to our current player base, but they're the kind of additions I need to make for long term growth of the game (so they're pretty important... :). The update will also address a few minor bugs people have pointed out over the last several weeks.

The Wikipedigree.org section of the site is operational for those that are unaware (just use the button at the top of the Derbyfever.com page). You'll notice, however, that it's still not 100% tied into the site (the site is still using the old version of the site, which is what you'll get if you go directly to Wikipedigree.org right now). I'm not ignoring it.. I'm just one guy with a limited amount of time; choosing what to work on is as much art as it is science(as well as I have to work on things that keep me motivated; grinding on this rewrite as long as I have makes certain aspects "less than interesting" at this point.. :) With that said..

I'm not at a point to add credits for additions yet, but your additions are being logged and will get credited when I do (in other words : keep adding! You may not get the credits within the next week or so, but they will be credited at a level at least comparable to the previous level - I don't know what that level is yet...).

One thing to note : Please use only ONE master stable to add to the Wiki; transfer credits earned as needed from the one stable you add with, but don't try to "double up" and combine credits like what was allowed previously. I will allow more points to be earned per stable but, to do so, I can't allow people to log in under several IDs and max each of them out. As always - don't put anything but real thoroughbreds into the database. The integrity of the database is vital to the growth of the game; nothing will get your Derbyfever.com account terminated (yes, terminated) faster than purposely entering fake information into the Wiki to get credits.

Thanks!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply