eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Breeding Cards - 2 C Levels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gcutty View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 0.10
  Quote gcutty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breeding Cards - 2 C Levels
    Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:41am
What kind of sire can be expected in exchange for 2 C cards?

Thanks!

gc
sparrow View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 1.30
  Quote sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:43pm
I have turned in C cards twice. Got C class MaClean's Music last year and B class Afleet Alex earlier this year.

C Rated – Sires with a rating between 151 – 300. The sire could be rated higher but not lower than C.
ivanyamil View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 48.50
  Quote ivanyamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:59pm
Last year got Siyouni, this year got Foxwedge.
zcutty View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.00
  Quote zcutty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 7:01pm
Ended up getting Elvstroem
cvbear View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 189.50
  Quote cvbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 2:18am
Save up for a B if you can stand it. I got a Bodemeister, and it's a step ahead of what you typically can get with a trade-in of C's. You might get lucky and wind up with a decent budget sire, something you'd maybe receive otherwise for 150-225 BP, or it's possible you can do better...or worse. There are no guarantees, but if you can stand the wait, your prospects may get better holding out for 2 B's, or not 2 B's. That is the question.

ETA: I worked overtime for that last line, and missed where you landed Elvstroem. Good luck.

Edited by cvbear - 27 Jan 2018 at 2:20am
CVBear Stables: 2012 Sprint Champion Tolleson, 2018 Sprint Champion Auditorium, 2016 BB Dirt Mile winner River Of Doubt, Grade I winners Jesus Walks, Nights On Broadway, Sing Your Praises, and more!
waremblem5 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 147.30
  Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 4:18pm
I find C cards are the best to turn in. B invariably leads to disappointment. You almost always end up asking yourself, how is "such and such sire I really don't want" a B rated sire? With C, you get some of the horses listed above plus sometimes you get a little lucky. I've gotten the likes of Tale of Ekati but also a Pioneerof the Nile. Your results of course may vary.
kaner View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 4.20
  Quote kaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:57am
I got Charm Spirit a few weeks ago from 2 C cards
sparrow View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 1.30
  Quote sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 1:55pm
Taken a while to get the C cards again and...

MR. SEKIGUCHI
waremblem5 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 147.30
  Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 8:01pm
I turned in 3 C cards this week. You'll have to tune in for Look of Eagles tomorrow to find out what sires they unleashed!
Author of The Third Bride, Breeder of Horses, Painter of Miniature Armies
jwsonny View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 8.20
  Quote jwsonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:58pm
I ended up with POSSE the one time I turned in two Cs. Gearing up for 2 Bs to see what happens this time around.
Sonny - MN born & raised. Skol Vikes and Wild.

"A heart-pounding, PULSATING stretchdrive. And Tiznow prevails."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>